European Space Agency project
Eventech has been awarded with its first European Space Agency contract (No. 4000115326/15/NL/NDe "On-board implementation of the multi-purpose Event Timer" and started execution of the 2 year project on February 1st, 2016. It is planned to deliver results by December 2017.
Project execution partners - Latvian (Institute of Electronics and Computer Science) and Czech (Czech Space Research Centre).
The basic goal of the project is to transform existing commercial technology and create an innovative, competitive on the world market, multi-purpose Event Timer (MPET) for Space related applications having design hardened against heavy radiation, wide-range temperatures, vibrations and shocks that may appear within the space environment.
Target developed product applications:
- Space laser ranging
- Time synchronisation
- Space altimetry / LiDAR
- Deep Space Optical Communication / Information transfer
- Space debris tracking and detection
MPET project needs:
- Access to industrial partners
- Industrial expertise support
- Commercialization partners
- Product specification requirements
Executed project stages:
- On-board Event Timer module detailed specifications - March 2016
- Event Timing applicable technology choice - April 2016
- Design docs for Breadboard 1 - May 2016
- Assembled Breadboard 1, positive working hardware experimental test results - August 2016
- Preliminary VHDL code for FPGA - August 2016
- Testing software for module evaluation - August 2016
- VHDL entity for the embedded calibration in the FPGA - October 2016
- Design docs for Breadboard 2 - November 2016
- Assembled Breadboard 2, working hardware with positive test results and close functionality to EM and QM - January 2017
- Successfully passed Preliminary Design Review with ESA on-site - January 2017
- Design docs for Engineering Model - February 2017
Next project stage:
- Design docs for Qualification Model - May 2017
- Assembled Engineering Model, working hardware with positive test results and close functionality to QM - May-June 2017
You are welcome to contact us regarding MPET project with questions, suggestions and ideas!
Disclaimer: the view expressed herein can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Space Agency.