Event Timer Daemon (ETD)
The Event Timer Daemon (ETD) is a complete replacement for the ET Server software running on Linux. It is based on the original ET Server software from developers of the Riga Event Timer and allows a seamless integration into existing SLR systems. The ETD was developed by SpaceTech (STI) initially for the SLR station of the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ) in Potsdam and is in operational use since 2012. Linux real time capability of the ETD supports running the software on the same workstation that also executes the real time command & control of the telescope as well as the GUI of the observer.
Main features of the ETD
1) Increased performance with Linux real time support:
- Allows safe operation of additional software on the same workstation
- Non-blocking TCP communication
2) Support for Event Timers A032-ET and A033-ET with parallel port
3) Embedded system support
- For mobile applications of the Event Timer
- Low performance and memory requirements
4) Seamless replacement of Windows ET Server software
- Provides the same TCP/IP communication protocol (API)
- Compatible with all existing ET client software
ETD integration into your system
The ETD package is provided together with an installation manual, an ET Client software and example code for easy integration. Additionally, basic initial installation support is included in the A032-ET+ and A033-ET+ package for fast integration.
Upgrading existing A032-ET and A033-ET Event Timer systems
Please contact us for a quote and additional information if you are planning to upgrade your existing A032-ET or A033-ET Event Timer system to an ETD/Linux based time measurement system. We are also ready to provide additional support to integrate existing A032-ET and A033-ET Event Timers into new embedded application.